In its effort to honor the best CSR programs of local car manufacturers, the Society of Philippine Motoring Journalists (SPMJ)—which composed of media practitioners from print, new media, television and radio—recently hold its first-ever Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) awards in the automotive industry entitled “Driven To Serve Awards.”
In her speech, Pinky Concha-Colmenares, SPMJ president and Manila Bulletin executive editor, said, “The first Driven To Serve Awards recognized the most outstanding from the already outstanding good deeds done through the past decade by the car makers and distributors. Unknown to many, the car industry participants have been very active in giving back to the community.”
Winners were determined by a distinguished board of judges which included: Millie Dizon, chairperson of the International Public Relations Association based in the UK, and SVP of the marketing communications group of SM Retail; Rodrigo Franco, president and CEO of the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation; Edgardo Gapuz Lacson, chairman of the Employers Confederation of the Philippines; Sergio Ortiz-Luis Jr., honorary chairman of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Dr. Cristina Padolina, president and chief academic officer of Centro Escolar University; Msgr. Pedro Quitorio, president of Aeropagus Communications.
Here are the winners:
- Platinum: Ford Philippines – Driving Skills For Life
- Gold: Volkswagen Philippines – Child Safety Initiative 2015-2016
- Gold: Honda Cars Philippines Inc – Teensmart & 1-M Blue Eco-Safe Driving Campaign
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Platinum: Toyota Motor Philippines – Toyota Motor School of Technology
- Gold: Isuzu Philippines Corporation – TESDA-Isuzu Auto Mechanic Training Center
- Silver: PGA Cars Inc – Porsche Training & Recruitment Center Asia
- Gold: Toyota Motor Philippines – Peñablanca Sustainable Reforestation Project
- Silver: Isuzu Philippines Corporation – Annual CSR Projects on Environment 2002 to 2013
- Silver: Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation – Batad Restoration Project 2012 & 2015
- Platinum: Toyota Motor Philippines – GK Village in Sta. Rosa, Laguna
- Silver: Nissan Philippines Inc – Shelter Rebuild Drive with Habitat for Humanity
- Silver: Ford Philippines – One Better World Project
Also given citations for their CSR efforts were Asian Carmakers Corporation (BMW Philippines), Auto Hub Group, Bermaz Auto Philippines (Mazda), Columbian Autocar Corporation (Kia), Hyundai Asia Resources Inc., and The Covenant Car Company (Chevrolet).
We share the common goal of uplifting the lives of our fellow Filipinos, hence this latest project which we call Driven To Serve aims to recognize the best CSR programs of automotive companies,” adds Ray Butch Gamboa, founding chairman of SPMJ.
The event were supported by Resorts World Manila, Manila North Tollways Corporation (MNTC), the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (CAMPI), and Petron Corporation.