The brand Nokia are quite known as major contributor on the early stage development of mobile telephone industry. After years of market struggles, the brand has returned to the mobile and smartphone market through Finnish company HMD Global.
And through HMD Global, the new Nokia 8 was launched. The new smartphone is beautifully crafted designed with content creators. It brings three world-firsts to Android smartphones, including a debut collaboration with ZEISS optics.
With performance and pure Android at its heart, as well as the most advanced aluminium unibody design to date, the Nokia 8 represents all the hallmarks of a true flagship Nokia smartphone.
What to look forward to?
Well, the Nokia 8 introduces a world-first in enabling Dual-Sight video to be livestreamed natively and in real-time to social feeds such as Facebook and YouTube. With just one touch, Dual-Sight simultaneously harnesses both the front and rear cameras in a split screen visual for both photos and videos.
Another best feature of the Nokia 8 is the OZO Audio. OZO spatial 360° audio brings a fully immersive audio experience to your 4K video. Leading-edge 360° audio capture ensures the playback lets you truly relive the moment so your memories never fade.
It measures 4.6mm thin at the edge and just 7.3mm slim on average, Nokia 8’s seamless unibody is precision milled from a single block of 6000 series aluminium and its pure design has been refined through a 40-stage process of machining, anodizing and polishing. Best of all, the phone features Qualcomm’s powerful Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform giving you a secure and up to date Android experience. The phone is also compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, which means when your battery is running low you can get back to recording your important moments sooner.
Availability and Pricing
Good news is, Nokia 8 will be available globally starting September. It has a retail price of €599 (Php 39,585). You can choose from its four colors: Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue and Steel.
Nokia 8 Specs:
- Available in single SIM and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (support up to 256 GB)
- Display: 5.3” IPS LCD QHD 2560 x 1440, 700nts screen brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
- Battery: Integrated 3090 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible (18W, 5V/2.5A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A)
- Audio: MP3,M4A, AAC,OGG,WAV,AMR,AWB(AMR-WB),FLAC,MIDI(MID,MIDI,XMF, MXMF,IMY,RTTTL,RTX,OTA)
- Video: MP4, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, MKV, WEBM
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (camera bump 0.4mm)
- Weight: 160g
Camera with ZEISS optics:
- Primary camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front facing camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash